Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's ON at Da'Berry! (I added the pics...)
flygoddess,
Kent summed it up perfectly. With 8 lb line and a good spinning reel or levelwind reel, those fish can sometimes come up pretty quickly and easily. I hadn't thought about it from a flyrod perspective, and since I do own one and have even used it a few times, I can see how these Strawberry-esque fish can take a while to get in with a fly rod.

My wife has been fishing with me at Strawberry when its like that and during the "lull" (whenever it arrives!) she says "I thought you fished to relax!" (As I'm wiping the sweat off my brow and eating a snack and trying to take a whiz in the pee bucket before the next barrage of fish start biting again!)

I probably should relax more, but if you've ever fished with people like MGB or Kentofnsl, most fishing trips are far from relaxing, but very rewarding! I went out with MGB to Strawberry once and we had a day similar if not better than I did yesterday. We lost track WELL after 100 fish between us. Our wrists were sore for a week from catching fish! I refer to that now as "Strawberry-Wrist".
I get the same "Strawberry-Wrist" casting into Pineview all day trying to catch those darn Tiger Muskie!

And to think, I gave up waterskiing because I wanted to relax a little bit! I work harder fishing than I ever did water skiing!
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.

Messages In This Thread
Re: [N.E.T.O.] It's ON at Da'Berry! - by MGB - 10-29-2006, 01:08 PM
Re: [flygoddess] It's ON at Da'Berry! - by N.E.T.O. - 10-30-2006, 03:38 AM