Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's ON at Da'Berry! (I added the pics...)
Hlfmoon,
Being a computer programmer, and working with math all day every day, I started doubting my own quick calculations that I made out on the boat, so I sat down and got out the calculator myself. Here is what I came up with:...(not that it matters, but you got my curiosity going!)

Minutes fished (total, from 8:15 to 1:00) = 285.
Fish caught (total, between all 3 of us) = 129.

(We kept a very accurate count because the loser was buying lunch that day, and it became VERY competitive!)

285 minutes divided by 129 fish = 2.2 minutes per fish, at the boat.
(2.2 minutes = 2 minutes and 12 seconds)
But since there were 3 of us, that means that you need to multiply that time by 3 to get the average time between fish per fisherman. My calculations make the average time between fish per fisherman, 6 minutes and 36 seconds average over the whole morning. I didn't realize it was quite that slow...[Wink]

Our 11:00 average was a little better, since at time:
We had fished (8:15 to 11:00) = 165 minutes
And we had caught (at least) 90 fish.
165 minutes divided by 90 fish = 1.83 minutes per fish, at the boat, which figures out to one fish per fisherman every 5.49 minutes (x3), or one fish per fisherman every 5 minutes and 30 seconds.

It was definitely faster fishing earlier in the morning. After 11:00 we actually had time to snack, whiz and tell jokes! [cool]
There was a lot of smack talk going on the whole time and it made the other two fisherman bust out laughing when one fisherman broke off and had to spend a few minutes rerigging a whole 'nuther jighead and tubejig!

I've had a few pm's asking a few basic questions about location and technique. I'm no pro by any means, we just had a really good day when all the planets aligned, but I will share any info I have with anybody if they ask. That is how I learned, from people on this board.

Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.

Messages In This Thread
Re: [N.E.T.O.] It's ON at Da'Berry! - by MGB - 10-29-2006, 01:08 PM
Re: [hlfmoon] It's ON at Da'Berry! (I added the pics...) - by N.E.T.O. - 10-30-2006, 09:21 PM