Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Professional Walleye Tournaments in Utah????
I couldn't agree more. I would love to see some of the pro's around. We have a few lakes that could produce some great eyes if they were managed as eye fisheries.

Mona is an iteresting proposal. I don't know much about it. Could it support a population of eyes as far as [size 1]oxygen[/size] and feed? Could they keep the eyes from traveling into Burriston Ponds?

Deer Creek came right back to life once most of the S.L.C. crowd switched to Jordanelle for their play lake. Willard Bay and Yuba would benefit from stocking. I have heard that some eyes have worked their way into Jordanelle. I know that the DWR doesn't want to manage it as a eye fishery. Utah Lake had a fair population the last time I fished for eyes there. Has it declined?

In any case, I would support bringing in professional tournaments. I would also support in person the DWR managing at least a few Walleye lakes in the state. The only thing I like more than fishing for them, is eating them.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [WalleyePaul] Professional Walleye Tournaments in Utah???? - by Curtisfish - 02-19-2003, 05:44 PM