Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deep Water Fishing
[cool]Does that mean no C&R for bass and other fish that go deep during the summer...or winter...or whenever? And, what if the object is not to catch a "limit", and there are no fish shallower than 30 feet?

Fish bladders are not sensitive, vascular tissue and DO heal quickly when punctured. Most of us fishermen have caught fish that have obviously suffered much greater damage to bodies and organs and have healed and survived. As per a recent thread, many fish survive for months (or longer) with undissolved hooks puncturing their innards. It's a dangerous world down there and fish are tougher than we would like to believe. They're not all as wimpy as hatchery pets.

I also have heard the claims of virtually 100% mortality on fish that have been brought to the surface and "fizzed". I have also read and heard of diving studies that have found little or no mortality on fish thus released. My own personal experience is that I have caught the same fish several times over a season, after "deflating their ego"...and have heard of the same experience from other knowledgeable anglers.

I'll watch for you in the shallows.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Deep Water Fishing - by MackAttack - 02-19-2003, 12:22 AM
Re: [kentofnsl] Deep Water Fishing - by kentofnsl - 02-19-2003, 07:21 PM
Re: [MackAttack] Deep Water Fishing - by TubeDude - 02-19-2003, 04:44 PM
Re: [MackAttack] Deep Water Fishing - by DennisW - 02-19-2003, 05:38 PM
Re: [DennisW] Deep Water Fishing - by TubeDude - 02-19-2003, 07:11 PM