Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that make you go Hmmmm?
I've fished a hundred or more rivers and streams within a days drive of SLC in the past 5 years and can only think of 2 where I thought the fish were overpopulated and stunted. Late June 2005 Robinson Creek a trib of the Warm River in Idaho was stuffed full of little brookies. You couldn't keep them off your hook but only 1 in 10 was 12 inches. Last year Thistle Creek was packed full of skinny browns that ran 12 to 19 inches. This spring the fish where fewer and much healthier looking there. I haven't fished Thistle this fall but twice as I've found other tributaries of Spanish Fork with more willing and bigger browns. Landed about a dozen browns from 12 to 18 inches in 2 hours fishing on Turkey day. 2 where 18 inches and 1 was 17 inches. They are a little skinner post spawn than they where 2 to 3 weeks ago but that is to be expected after a couple of weeks of sex and not eating. My wife had the digital camera but I did get a couple pictures on a disposable camera that'll get developed with a CD soon.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Things that make you go Hmmmm? - by HFT - 11-25-2006, 01:22 AM
Re: [HFT] Things that make you go Hmmmm? - by riverdog - 11-25-2006, 04:37 PM