Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float tube vs. pontoon boat
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]First off, you got to go with what you can transport. I think off the bat you are limited.[/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Keep in mind, most Pontoons will break down quite small. I have an 11 1/2' X 5' that will break down to 24" X24" X 12". When looking at pontoons, Urithane bladders are the best (with helky (sp) valves) A good PVC cover and most important ALUMINUM FRAME. Laws in most states are at least 8' to float rivers.[/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Pros and Cons: A float tube (nice one) is going to cost you less and is easier to transport.[/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Pontoon, more room, sit out of water and you have the movement of flippers, oars and a possible motor (which you will have to license the pontoon if you choose to put a motor on it). Some here will say it is easier to maneuver a tube on the water, I say no it is not (to me)[/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Some will say more wind resistance on a toon, again not to me but that depends on the diameter of the toons.[/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]I agree if you want to hike in, a tube is the best way. For BIG bodies of water, I won't go out in anything but my Big Pontoon.[/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]I will say to look at the Scadden Freestyle H3. It is the best of both in a packable tube. 6ft long and light, plus they are coming up with a rowing attachment or paddles.[/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]It would be impossible for me to say just go with one or the other. I can't. I have my big pontoon, plus a small 4' one(with metal frame and padded seat) and of course a SFC. And I will be adding a H3 to it real soon.[/size][/blue][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Float tube vs. pontoon boat - by bdn06 - 12-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Re: [bdn06] Float tube vs. pontoon boat - by flygoddess - 12-22-2006, 08:07 PM