Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.L. White Bass Problem
I think it's a matter of the average person not having ever walked in a biologist/ecologist shoes. When I was younger and dummer I remember seeing some of the things my parents would do and saying "man, I'm never doing that". Now that I have five kids, guess what, I'm doing some of the same things.

I would dare say that many of the folks who have strong opinions on the lake, or the recovery program, would probably not do anything different if the responsibility and accountability for success were placed on their shoulders. It's a whole new world once you're in the hot seat.

It's really easy to have/form opinions, specially biased ones, when one's interests are at stake (good fishing for example), but unless one is willing to and puts forth the effort into becoming a subject matter expert, one really should only be glad that someone is doing something about it and that the problems, whether short term or longer lasting, are being addressed.

Is it the perfect solution?, I don't know, maybe....maybe not. I'm not a subject matter expert, so I'm not qualified to criticize, although I am expected to pass along ideas I may have. I do know that it's better to do something well tomorrow instead of perfect never, so at least we're not sitting around waiting for the perfect solution.

my two cents on a very divided topic.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
U.L. White Bass Problem - by utfishguy31 - 01-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Re: [TubeDude] U.L. White Bass Problem - by Nica - 01-04-2007, 05:29 AM
Re: [wormandbobber] U.L. White Bass Problem - by Nica - 01-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Re: [hashbaz] U.L. White Bass Problem - by UTBASS - 01-06-2007, 01:24 PM