Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.L. White Bass Problem
Rotenone (Speling?)
Imagine if you may ... the poisoning of Utah Lake.
You couldn't kill ALL of the carp BUT once this happened, re-introducing Walleye, LMB, White Bass, Catfish, Crappie & Bluegill would definitely control the carp numbers. Right now, because the carp population is 90% of the Bio-Mass ... There is no way that predators can keep control.

If you rotenone the lake and all of the rivers / streams flowing in to the lake ... Not the full length but just the first 100 yards or so, some carp will survive but there would be no way they would have 90% of the biomass again. After the poisoning takes place, introduce predators, plants and suckers ... the predators will establish and keep control of the carp populations. You could pretty much guarantee a much better fishery and piece of mind for the future of this great lake!

I am an avid bass fisherman and flyfisherman who really loves this sport. It's killing me to see Utah Lake NOT getting the attention it needs with proper gamefish management. Maybe a combination of diking the lake and some rotenoning would be the best solution. I will be there at the RAC meeting this spring to voice my opinion.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
U.L. White Bass Problem - by utfishguy31 - 01-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Re: [TubeDude] U.L. White Bass Problem - by Nica - 01-04-2007, 05:29 AM
Re: [hashbaz] U.L. White Bass Problem - by UTBASS - 01-06-2007, 01:24 PM