Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jen Carroll-Amistad Tournament Update
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][black]Hello Bigfishers![/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][black] [/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][black]I just got back from my WBT tournament on Lake Amistad and I wanted to update everyone! [/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][black]First let me say how much I appreciate all that my husband does when he travels with me! This was the first time I went to a tournament by myself and had to load/unload my boat, set up my gear, and drive straight through by myself. It was a ton of work and I really envied all of the girls that had their husbands with them! There were some husbands there that were nice enough to help me and I am so thankful for that! [/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][black]Well, the weather was crazy and I found that the majority of my attention was spent on running the trolling motor and making sure that the co-angler had a good position to fish from. I told my first day co "this is really going to be a co-angler's tournament because all you have to focus on is fishing!" Sure enough, on the first day the co-anglers had a higher weight on the board than the pros! [/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][black]I was able to weigh in a fish the first day and a good 5 lb. 8oz-er the second day which was awesome. I used a small hand poured plastic minnow bait from Fishbelly Lures and dipped the tail chartreuse. The one mistake I made was NOT getting a Mexican license and boat insurance. The girls that caught big bags fished Mexican waters where the temp was a bit higher than the Texas side. Next time I will make sure that I have the ability to fish every available area on the water. [/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][black]It was an awesome experience fishing Lake Amistad and I can't wait to go back. Since we were there a bit early in the season, I would really like to go back during the spawn!!![/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][black]Even though I didn't win this tournament, I did get to promote BFT on an FM radio station morning show, in the local businesses, on stage and I was pictured in the local paper. [/black][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]Thank you for all of your support and encouragement! I'll have pictures to post later today so check back! [/size][/black][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Jen Carroll-Amistad Tournament Update - by Jen_Carroll - 02-12-2007, 02:05 PM