Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jen Carroll-Amistad Tournament Update
DUDE! It's still awesome though. You caught one hell of a bass, 5lb's 8 oz. Win the tourney or not, that's a nice fish.

I'm curious about something though. How do you get skunked into running the trolling motor? Is there no way to navigate the boat to your advantage? I mean, if you and the co-angler are a team, it doesn't really matter. But if you guys are competeing, well that changes the game a bit.

I ask you this, how accurate are you at using the trolling motor? I don't mean that in a bad way, but what if you were able to find a way to navigate the water to both anglers benefit. They also make an "auto pilot" for trolling motors now too. I'm not sure how they work, but I do know they exist.

I'm just blowing smoke as I don't know the rules and such, but maybe revamping your strategy could work into your advantage. You're there to fish a tournament, not be a cab driver. I want to see your name on top of the score boards! [cool]

Also, do you keep fishing logs? A fishing log can be such an important tool. I keep a detailed log that includes air temp, water temp, date, barometric pressure, general weather conditions(I.E. overcast, sunny, windy, calm), moon phase, what fish were caught and where, what I used to catch them, GPS numbers for each hole, and anything else that might help. I can look back how ever many years and find matching conditions. If I wasn't able to catch fish then, i'll know what I tried and what not to do. If I did catch fish, i'll know what to try first. It's an indespensible tool, especially for tournament anglers and charter captains.

Great job though Jen, we'll be looking for those pictures!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Jen_Carroll] Jen Carroll-Amistad Tournament Update - by Tarpon4me - 02-12-2007, 02:58 PM