Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jen Carroll-Amistad Tournament Update
Hey T4M!

I do keep a fishing log and it has come in handy more times than I can mention! I recommend keeping a detailed log to every fisherman I meet as well.

Concerning the trolling motor, I do know how to run really well. The problem was this....I land a fish, then from the time I take the hook out and stick it in the live well (1 minute max) I am pushed as much as 250 yards off my origional mark by the wind and waves. I had to run the trolling motor non stop all day long on the first day of the tournament. My boat is lighter too which probably made a difference.

Concerning our tournament rules, as a boater, we are supposed to position the boat so that the co-angler has the ability to fish. The co-anglers compete against other co-anglers and not boaters. If I (or any other boater) do not keep the boat in a position where the co-angler has water to fish, than I could be slapped with an un-sportsmanlike conduct penalty. I started out as a co-angler, and have had a day where the pro did not give me very many opportunities to fish good water and it isn't very fun.

When you have to fight the wind and waves, it can be a bit tougher on you as far as fishing goes. I don't want to make excuses though, I had a great time and will do my best to make that cut next time!

Thank you for all of your questions and recommendations. I very much appreciate it!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Tarpon4me] Jen Carroll-Amistad Tournament Update - by Jen_Carroll - 02-12-2007, 06:22 PM