Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Captain Jim Hale’s Florida and Biscayne Bays report 2/1/07 to 3/5/07
Hi there Capt Jim, and welcome to the BFT message boards. What a great report. Thanks for sharing.

I was curious how you target the spanish Mack's in your area? Do you troll for them or cast on them with spoons? I was wondering because I'm going to spend a little more time on the Spanish this year up the way in SC. I usually troll Clark or Drone spoons for spanish. I'll put two deep at different water columns, two on top and one in the wash. Usually a 00 or an 01 size. I hear alot of guys stepping up the size of the spoons. I'm going to tie right on my spoons with fluorocarbon instead of light steel leader. I've rode with guys that did that, and to my surprise, they hardly ever got bit off. You ever use a boone spanish bird?

Also, keep in mind there is a captains saltwater picture tournament going on. We'd love to have you participate! Check out the first thread on this message board. It's free to enter, just take a few photo's. This is the first week of the contest, so it's deffinately not too late to enter.

Thanks alot Capt Jim!

Bryan D.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Merijo_Attong] Captain Jim Hale’s Florida and Biscayne Bays report 2/1/07 to 3/5/07 - by Tarpon4me - 03-09-2007, 04:49 PM