Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDFISH HEADED FOR THE ALTAR
Know how you feel, I've had a few close calls myself. I remember one day when I was deep in the marshes, fishing some ponds for reds and a Northwester came through early and the winds picked up to 25 to 30 kts. and the water that was already low and falling began to scream out of the marsh. Needless to say we cranked up and headed the 2 miles toward the lake and as we rounded the last turn it didn't look good at the mouth as the bottom was starting to show so I had to make a snap decision, to stop and be stuck the better part of the night or go for it. Well we went for it and when we hit the mud flat it was about 10 ins. deep for about 50 yards. Set my jack plate all the way up and trimmed up as high as I could and punched the throttle and at 55 mph I was lucky enough to blow through the mud, if it would have been 3 ins. lower I know I would have spent the night. It was a close one and now I try to keep a step ahead of the weather....Hook
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
REDFISH HEADED FOR THE ALTAR - by Capthook43 - 03-13-2007, 03:56 AM
Re: [Tarpon4me] REDFISH HEADED FOR THE ALTAR - by Capthook43 - 03-13-2007, 03:13 PM