Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharpen your hooks!
Hey guys. These last couple days I have been getting my tackle ready for spring and have been noticing that my hooks arent nearly as sharp as they could be. Everything from jigs to spinnnerbaits to crankbaits.

That's one thing that I have always overlooked is how sharp my hooks are and I'm sure you have too. I think we just assume that they are always going to be sharp. Well as I found out that's not always the case.

If you find that your hooks could use a good sharpen, scheels has a couple of hook files for as little as $3.99. That's where I picked mine up. It took a little bit for me to figure out how to actually get them sharper (first couple of times I actually made them duller[Tongue]) but they are sharper than ever before now!

And now that I think about it, I'm sure all of the bites that I have missed this last fishing season I could have had a better chance of catching that fish if I had sharper hooks.

If you're looking for a good crankbait treble hook, I would go with Excailbur TX3. I have those on all my favorite crankbaits! Cant go wrong!

Feel free to add!

Tight lines![cool]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Sharpen your hooks! - by Bassmaster-ND - 03-22-2007, 04:41 PM