Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any thing goin on in SC
Well, getting a king from the pier takes alot of patients, and ALOT OF LUCK! You're waiting for the fish to come to you, rather than in a boat we can find them. I spent many of my younger years chasing the Kings on the pier. I've met many anglers that wouldn't have it any other way. Infact, there are times that i'd rather fish a pier than anywhere else. It's alot less stressful, and there is more time for good conversation. [cool]

But no worries, one day your fish will come. Wait until the water temp hits about 68 degrees to start float fishing. The kings will be in the inshore waters then. Maybe i'll even join you for a days fishing, show you a few tricks of the trade. The last few years i've fished the piers, i've noticed alot of the old school pier fishermen have either moved on, died, or just don't go anymore. Now, there's a bunch of newbies out there that just don't have the experiance to be successful. It really takes a team effort landing big game on a pier.

Keep your eyes on the SC board. When the weather is right, i'll plan a trip to the Myrtle Beach State Park Pier and we'll all sit down and i'll explain some of the tactics and tricks I used back in the day. We might even catch a few fish. [cool]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
any thing goin on in SC - by kingsinthaSC - 03-31-2007, 09:58 PM
Re: [Tarpon4me] any thing goin on in SC - by kingsinthaSC - 04-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Re: [kingsinthaSC] any thing goin on in SC - by Tarpon4me - 04-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Re: [Tarpon4me] any thing goin on in SC - by kingsinthaSC - 04-02-2007, 10:01 PM