Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Striper and Crappie Populations in Santee Cooper
[size 1][black][size 2]I've called a large number of Charter captians that guide along the Santee cooper lake systems in search of a Striper or Crappie trip. To my surprise, none of the guides will do a trip for either species. According to ALL the guides, the striper and crappie fishing is almost non-existant due to over fishing. I was very surprised to hear this information and equally surprised that the SC DNR has yet to address this issue. The last thing we need to do is fish a Species entirely out of a body of water. I'm going to contact the SC DNR and bring this to thier attention and see what happens.[/size][/black] [/size][black][size 2]PLEASE feel free to join in on this and email your concerns as well. This is his name and email address:[/size][/black]

Ross Self
[url "mailtoConfusedelfr@dnr.sc.gov"]selfr@dnr.sc.gov[/url]

This is about conserving a fishing future for out children, not just about the fish. I want my sons to be able to go to Santee and catch a big bull striper or a 2 pound crappie. Don't you want your children to be able to do the same?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Striper and Crappie Populations in Santee Cooper - by Tarpon4me - 04-12-2007, 03:24 PM