Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new fishing pole!
I recieved a custom made rod from bubbashotrods.com a while back and wasn't able to try it out until yesterday. I'll also be posting pic's of the rod online with my Penn Mag 990 attached to it. (It really looks super cool) I wanted to wait and post pictures until I could give a review of the product. I know AFDan has been waiting for a review for quite some time. (sorry it took so long partner! The water hasn't been right!) The rod already impressed me with it's craftmanship and unique design. I asked Brian ( owner) to make me a one of a kind rod and that is exactly what he did. From the blue metal flake paint to the custom Fuji stock and reel seat, this rod was made to my specifications and with Brians own creative twist, fit my own fishing personality to a "T." He even put a tarpon at the top of the fore grip, hints "tarpon4me." [cool]

Well, it looks cool, but how did it work? Let me tell you, this rod was full of back bone, I was very impressed. I believe the blank he used was a lamiglass 20-40 pound class. It made light work of 40 pound sharks during my trip yesterday, and I really put the heat on. I was hoping to hook into a real gear ripper to see how it held up to my full weight, but nothing big was hanging around.

Anyways, I just thought i'd share my product review with the masses. Bubbashotrods.com is one of my sponsors, however, anyone that knows me knows I don't hold back any punches. The only question I had with the rod initially was the style eyes that Brian put on it. Niether one of us had used them before, as I was use to the traditional low profile Fuji eyes. However, after catching a few larger fish on the rod, the eyes work just fine. You'll see what i'm talking about once I get the pictures posted.

So, if you're looking for a custom made rod to fit your unique fishing character, bubbashotrods get a thumbs up from me. [cool]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My new fishing pole! - by Tarpon4me - 04-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Re: [Tarpon4me] My new fishing pole! - by T-bone1 - 05-02-2007, 01:23 AM
Re: [T-bone1] My new fishing pole! - by Tarpon4me - 05-02-2007, 02:04 PM