Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday fishing report/ Murrells Inlet
You know, those gotcha plugs work quite well, and yes, LOL, I chunked a few of those as well. I have an entire section of my box devoted to casting lures only. I have a combo of Yo Zuri diving lures, Rapala X Raps, clark and krockidile spoons, and about a dozen different gotcha plugs from the green glow in the dark to the mini chrome with a red head. They just weren't into it. They actually show up quite often and are very pickey.

As far as pound test, that's not really the issue. The test of the leader is what really matters. With that said, I normally use 20lb fluorocarbon leader on all my casting rigs, unless i'm tossing a lure to something heavy like a cobia in which i'll use a heavier mono leader as they aren't too line shy. 20 lb clear mono really is just fine for spanish, as alot of anglers think Fluoro leader is "too high teck." LOL!!!!! You know who you are. [sly]

As for boat rentals, they have pontoon boats and small flat bottom skiffs. Both are just fine for sneaking out to one mile on a calm day. You don't need anything massive right out there. I've even seen bass trackers at 3.5 mile reef. Infact, there was 2 or 3 out there sunday. [cool]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [SC_flyguy] Sunday fishing report/ Murrells Inlet - by Tarpon4me - 05-31-2007, 02:07 PM