Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Moon at 'da Berry 6/30
This is the second time I've typed this...don't know what happened to the first one...

Anyway, even though we wanted to go chase the boils at Willard, we also wanted to cool off, so we decided on an evening trip to the Berry. We launched at 4:30 p.m. in my uncles 24' Gulfstream. With that kind of luxury and power that we aren't used to, we were able to spot-hop a lot more than we usually do. We (uncle, me and my cousin) started at the Ladders but the wind was so bad that we had no boat control. Went over to MudCreek, and caught 1 fish, but still too much wind. Went around the corner to the north and anchored basically just to get out of the wind, and ended up catching 2 slotters there. Finally around 7:00p.m. or so, we went back to the ladders. With no wind to deal with we finally were able to focus on jigging. We ended up with 12 fish, and a lot more misses. We kept 2, one that went 22.5 inches and my personal all time best out of the Berry, a fat 25 incher! (See pics). I caught him at 9:45 p.m. just as the big full moon was coming up over the mountain! The fishing was actually just turning on about that time but we all had early morning commitments the next day, so we had to leave. I don't know what it is about the full moon and Strawberry, but every time there is a full moon the big ones come out to play!
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.

Messages In This Thread
Full Moon at 'da Berry 6/30 - by N.E.T.O. - 07-02-2007, 03:50 AM