Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun Evening at Willard ... 7-5-07
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Decided to see if the boils were as plentiful tonight as they were a few nights ago. Nope ... but still enough to enjoy a great night of fishing Willard bay. A friend, Earl Kern, and I launched at the south marina at about 7:30 PM and headed out to an area north and west of the island. The water temps have risen up to 84 - 86! Sure enough, a boil out in the distance. So we headed for it. But the boil was dissipated well before our arrival. Then we seen another boil. Tried to catch it ... gone again. Man, all night it was like chasing the end of a rainbow and never being able to get it. But like other nights, at about sundown, you can just sit about anywhere and cast to rises around you. Here is Earl with his first fish of the night on. He loved that drag screaming fun. Not quite like trout is it Earl? LOL. [/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#002850][/#002850][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][inline Earl-kicks-back-with-wiper-.jpg] [/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]

[inline First-wiper-of-the-day-400.jpg]

He got pretty good at “walking the dog” last night. He caught 6 and I caught 2. We went home with 4 for the fry pan.

[inline Four-for-the-fry-pan-400.jpg]

Funny thing at the cleaning station ... I was wearing rubber gloves and one of the guys at the cleaning station gave me the nick name “Cinderella” with the white gloves.. The guy really had me laughing.[/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Fun Evening at Willard ... 7-5-07 - by Old_Coot - 07-06-2007, 03:26 PM