Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pontoons
Hey Pa I see your looking to buy a Pontoon boat Right on I honestly believe it was one of the best purchases Ive made. Opens up tons of options on the water without the maintenance and cost of a boat .

I got the green Creek Company ODC Sport XL awesome pontoon boat for the money it has 8 foot pontoons, pretty solid frame and 6 foot oars.
Ive fished it on just about every major lake in Utah to my surprise it held up pretty well. Im about 200 lbs and with a trolling motor and battery I felt pretty safe on a really windy day at strawberry.

The only downsides I would say is the first one I bought had a problem with one of the pontoons. The pontoon had a sticky Boston valve that slowly leaked air but I exchanged it out and haven't had any problem since. Oh and if you want to eventually upgrade and get a trolling motor the trolling motor mount isn't included its a separate buy at 90.00 !!! ( If I were you Id try to find a mount thats included )

Also when buying a pontoon boat you'll have to take in consideration of transporting the toon, unless you own a truck transporting the toon can be a bit tricky.I own a suv and fully assembled toon wont fit in the back. So I assemble the frame then strap it to the roof rack then deflate the toons thrown them in the back and inflate them when I get to the lake.
Im thinking about buying a small utility trailer next year... would make things alot easier.

If you have any question let me know I did allot of research before buying mine.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
pontoons - by pa - 12-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Re: [pa] pontoons - by Bowcutt - 12-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Re: [Bowcutt] pontoons - by pa - 12-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Re: [pa] pontoons - by Bowcutt - 12-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Re: [pa] pontoons - by sinergy - 12-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Re: [sinergy] pontoons - by flygoddess - 12-07-2007, 12:31 AM