Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pontoons
You have already got some EXPERIENSED answers here.
I started off with a 6' Bucks Bag "Alpine". What a great boat! I had it in some of the nastiest weather on both Strawberry and Henry's and it did just fine. In fact I had a broken leg so I put a waterproof duffle on my leg and went out on some very ruff water. I also put a motor and battery on this little guy.
I then moved ont to a MUCH bigger pontoon which does require a trailer or complete deflation to fit in the back of the truck.
This year however, I got the Navigator II. A 9' pontube that folds down to about 30"x20"x10" and has it's pwn back pack. The back of the boat looks very much like a "V" tube, but is longer and has a zipper in the floor to feed a motor through with an opptional deck. It has Oars that are very nice.
The best thing about this is it fits in my car.

One thing I do consider a must when buying any kind of tube or toon is that the bladder Must be Urethane, not PVC , a really strong outter fabric, Halkey Roberts valves, and if there is a frame....Aluminum.

More money, but that Bucks Bag is going on 12 yrs old and it is still in great shape!....oh yeah, and NEVER a leak.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
pontoons - by pa - 12-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Re: [pa] pontoons - by Bowcutt - 12-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Re: [Bowcutt] pontoons - by pa - 12-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Re: [pa] pontoons - by Bowcutt - 12-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Re: [pa] pontoons - by sinergy - 12-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Re: [sinergy] pontoons - by flygoddess - 12-07-2007, 12:31 AM