Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my wiper fix today
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Took a friend from work out to Willard today. We launched at the South marina at about 8:00 AM. Water temp was about 45 degrees. Headed for the island. Thought I seen Tom P. circling the island. Didn't mark much activity. Went to the light pole and trolled up and down the west dike most of the morning with only a few bites. Decided to head over to the S-W corner and troll up the South dike. At about 12:30 luck came swimming our way. As we headed up the dike in about 13-17 feet of water, we marked LOTS of wipers. Within an hour and a half we had seven wipers. Most around 2 1/2 lbs. We were trolling chartreuse grubs and lipless crank bait. Smelly jelly on the grubs seemed to help. We were trolling about 3.0 - 3.2 mph. Then a water skier went skiing in and out of the 3 or 4 fishing boats and the sonar marks left completely and we never caught another. Water temp at time of catch had raised to about 53 degrees.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Plenty of water coming in over the baffles. Water pretty murky in the S-E area. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Here's a pic of my friend D.B. and his "back in the Saddle again" Smile.[/size][/font]

[Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0028160.jpg]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Got my wiper fix today - by Old_Coot - 04-11-2003, 02:42 AM
Re: [Old_Coot] Got my wiper fix today - by MGB - 04-11-2003, 03:02 AM