Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DNR deer hunt survey online
[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/7778/size/big/cat/602"][Image: DSCN0608.JPG][/url][/center][center] [/center] [left]here is the one my dad used, 4 big windows to look out, "almost a full 300 degrees". the slightest bit of sun heats up the building.[/left] [left] [/left] [left]can be bult on the ground, this one was put on a trailer then when in placed the trailer was put up on blocks and the wheels removed to qualify as a raised platform and not a mobile vehical...[/left] [left] [/left] [left]granted this one is only raised a foot and a half above the ground, I set it beside a bush which more than compensates... [/left] [left] [/left] [left]I am looking for one of a couple old heaters, I too dont beleive it is the smell, they smell it every where they go now adays, propain, deasel, kerosene... it is the sound I think they dont like.[/left] [left] [/left] [left]I hunted with an old timer when I was about 16 and he sat of a five gallon bucket, which he packed his lunch, thermos, roll of white paper, kindling and a peice of coal and a one gallon coffee can he used for his heating stove. He smoked ate and did his business right where he was, he always came back to get help in dragging one out... [/left] [left] [/left] [left]any way, he had a propain stove, looked similar in shape to a regulator. square, flat sides and top with a couple side holes. dimentions are 12 inches wide, 15 inches high, 8 inches deep. it stands on the floor. we used it to heat the van... Ya open flame in side of a closed van,,, "Red neck city" [Tongue] [/left] [left] [/left] [left]man ya talk about the dangers of that contraption, but I guess it all depended on the user... of corse a leaky gas tank in the van could have given us all angle wings for christmas....[/left] [left] [/left] [left]what I liked about that heater is the metal was of heavy enough gage you can put a pan on top of it and heat soup, or a sandwich in a foil rap...[/left] [left] [/left] [left]the propain heaters we have now make enough noise to stampeed a heard of elliphants. and burns way to much fuel. one twenty pound tank would last us all gun season long... no we didnt burn it all day, we just lit it up to worm up cause back then we had two feet of snow on opening day of deer season in southern michigan... [/left] [left] [/left] [left]I will try to draw a picture of it andpost it later.[/left]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
DNR deer hunt survey online - by davetclown - 12-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Re: [Jaackrabbit] DNR deer hunt survey online - by davetclown - 12-19-2007, 05:51 AM