Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fustration has set in(long with questions)
[cool]Usually that restriction, in a fresh water lake, means no natural bait or scents. On some waters, it can include the scent impregnated lures, like Berkeley's Power Worms and grubs.

Yep, "no bait" translates to artificials only. I would have to see the full set of written regulations to say for sure, but that is usually a good argument for polishing up your skills in using plastics and spinners. But, a guy who can work artificials right can often outfish a bait dunker with minimal skills anyway. One definition of bait fishing is "A jerk on one end of a line, waiting for a jerk on the other end of the line."

Don't misunderstand. I'm not a lures-only purist. I decorate a lot of my lures and bait bugs with strips of bait, and I soak all kinds of plain baits when the situation both calls for it and it's legal. Many kinds of bait fishing require a high level of skill to get good results. It's not always just baiting a hook and reeling in fish. A couple of trips where you get skunked while other guys are catching fish...on the same stuff you're using...will teach you all about humility. And, although it sometimes seems like it, it's not always just "fisherman's luck" either.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [dh_tubinaaron] Fustration has set in(long with questions) - by TubeDude - 04-15-2003, 11:29 AM