Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going Up or Going Down?
I guess I prefer up, but I also like straight across and drift down with a slow retrieve. I Probably do the across more than anything, but I also like fishing under bridges.
-----

I did not do a good job on defining my meaning but just assuming everyone would get my "drift". As you fish you can walk up stream or walk down stream. Then that leads you to tend to cast in the direction you are going.

I much prefer casting up stream. I seem to be able to get a good drift easier and longer when casting up stream. On small streams I find it easier to get the excess line to lay over the top of rocks and along the edge where it will not impede the drift. I also can sometimes pull the line off the rocks at the right time to extend a drift.

But dang, when you are on those really brushy banked small streams it gets tiring to wade upstream against the current all day. So when I start getting tired I will walk around the Willows and walk up stream aways. Then bulldog my way through the brambles back to the stream. Then wade down stream with the current fishing as I go.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Going Up or Going Down? - by Scruffy_Fly - 05-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Re: [flygoddess] Going Up or Going Down? - by Scruffy_Fly - 05-08-2008, 11:40 PM