Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue catfish in bear river?
[cool]Clicking on the picture merely brings up a registration page for Yahoo. If you are already registered, your cookies will let you through. I am not, nor do I care to be.

To repeat a statement made in a previous post, color alone does not a blue cat make. Blue cats can be brown and channel cats can be blue. It's the genetics that determine the species.

I have caught channel cats in more than twenty different states in which the males were either dark black or bluish. And, just like in Utah, local anglers refer to them as blue cats or "blue channels".

Bottom line...you caught a nice fish. And the bad news is that it was probably "harvested" and removed from that lake within a few days (if not hours) of the time you released it.

A lot of that going on where you caught it...and everywhere else. Down in Arizona it is almost "full contact" fishing after the hatchery trucks dump catfish in the urban fishing lakes. If you watch the action, you will see people leave with limits, only to return an hour later for another...and another...until a dad and his kids can't get a bite when they come down in the evening after dad gets off work.

Hey, Mr. X, did you get the "blue" jigs?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Blue catfish in bear river? - by poorfisherman - 05-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Re: [Kayote] Blue catfish in bear river? - by PescadorUtah - 05-08-2003, 06:41 AM
Re: [Xman] Blue catfish in bear river? - by TubeDude - 05-08-2003, 07:06 PM