Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle advice
I'm glad you seen the light!! It has sort of been a funky year and with the high water it makes it tough at times. Everybody and their dog beats the snot out of those bare rock points. Once the water drops another 3-4 feet it will become easier to pin point them.

I've always had better luck with shad colored worms more so than browns or greens. Smoke is a pretty good color up there as well. They seem to be moving quite a bit lately, usually they are on the offshore stuff this time of year. But some are still up in the pockets. Not sure if they are following perch fry or what. Watch the tree lines not the bank on the subtle flats then watch the depth finder and usually there is a sharp break from 12-25 feet.

They will be upon the flat side in the morning and on the break by mid-morning. Pick your favorite top water and hammer away at first light. Then it is just a matter of flipping the break line. It is to darn nasty to drag a bait through the trees. By flipping I mean anything so long as it is near a verticle presentation. Sometimes you can fish the alleys between the trees and they will eat, but other times you might have to jungle fish. Give it a couple of shakes and flip to the next bush. If your fishing in the afternoon a spinnerbait in the mudline can whack a few.

I believe there is a 4lb bass sitting on every rock in that place its just a matter of finding an efficient way of getting the bait in his wheel house. I lost an absolute horse last Friday morning, but I fish bigger than average baits. It was the only bite I had in 6 hours, but the kids pounded the little ones all morning. Hope this helps....
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Jordanelle advice - by daddybags - 07-23-2008, 04:52 AM
Re: [daddybags] Jordanelle advice - by lakextackle - 07-23-2008, 07:18 AM
Re: [daddybags] Jordanelle advice - by bassrods - 07-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Re: [bassrods] Jordanelle advice - by daddybags - 07-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Re: [bassrods] Jordanelle advice - by Out4Trout - 07-26-2008, 01:00 AM
Re: [Out4Trout] Jordanelle advice - by bassrods - 07-26-2008, 01:45 AM
Re: [daddybags] Jordanelle advice - by bassrods - 07-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Re: [bassrods] Jordanelle advice - by daddybags - 07-24-2008, 04:28 PM