Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle advice
RE: "I guess I could start crowding the tubers and boats and try to figure out what they are using"

No,no,no don't do that. Us float tubers are too small and vulnerable to be crowded by big boats.[Wink] I guess I will also give you my 2 cents then. I have hit Jordanelle about 1-2 times per week since early June, and have had a great year. Right now, the fish are moving a lot, but are feeding on perch fry. If you find the baitfish, you will find some bass. Everyone and their dog will pound the points and stick-ups, but if you see weed beds reaching the surface and aquatic grasses, these should be worked. Use your fish finder to tell you if a given area is thick with fish or not. Also, this morning, one of my hottest areas was a drop-off adjacent to a stick-up. Not much in the stick-up itself, but just away from it was packed with fish. Don't be afraid to move around some too. This time of year, where I fish up there, the fish tend to congregate quite a bit into relatively small areas and if you find the area, then it is game on. Again, a basic fish finder will be invaluable. As for colors, I had always done well over the years with various green shades, but the last two seasons, I have been having very good luck with chartreuse and white colors mixed with darker ones for a two toned plastic bait. (laminates)

Good luck
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Jordanelle advice - by daddybags - 07-23-2008, 04:52 AM
Re: [daddybags] Jordanelle advice - by bassrods - 07-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Re: [bassrods] Jordanelle advice - by daddybags - 07-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Re: [bassrods] Jordanelle advice - by Out4Trout - 07-26-2008, 01:00 AM
Re: [Out4Trout] Jordanelle advice - by bassrods - 07-26-2008, 01:45 AM
Re: [daddybags] Jordanelle advice - by bassrods - 07-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Re: [bassrods] Jordanelle advice - by daddybags - 07-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Re: [daddybags] Jordanelle advice - by doggonefishin - 07-23-2008, 10:06 PM