Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
super fat vs. fish cat 4 dx
[quote flygoddess]In normal terms. If I put my boat in a swimming pool and climbed in, I might raise the water level in the pool an 8th of an inch. When he climbs in the water level line might go up 1/2 or 3/4". Right? Because he is adding mass to the water and will indeed sit lower. Displacement?[/quote]

Yeah, kinda.

Think of it this way, if you climb in, the water rises the equivalent of your weight in water being poured in (if you pull your feet out of the water completely).

If hubby climbs in, the water rises the equivalent of his weight in water being poured in (again, feet dry).

The difference in amount of water being poured in is the extra amount in volume the boat is lower.

BTW, for the OPer, definitely get the Fat Cat if the user is over 250. No sense running over rated weight. Sure there's a safety factor built in, but I wouldn't push it. Kinda like climbing a mountain with safety ropes rated at less than your weight.

_SHig
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
super fat vs. fish cat 4 dx - by okbow68 - 08-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Re: [flygoddess] super fat vs. fish cat 4 dx - by SHigSpeed - 08-05-2008, 01:57 AM