Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
super fat vs. fish cat 4 dx
I would like to quote this:

I have no scientific facts, just lots of practical experience. Payload has little to do with bladder material but bladder size (buoyancy) and shape effects payload. I don't know where the opinion came from that vinyl holds less weight than urethane. Urethane simply has proven to be more durable and lighter weight as well, but more expensive. Payload is somewhat subjective since most maximum payload suggestions are for inshore use on flatwater. Moving water and waves reduces payload maximums and whitewater reduces it even more. The user must be the ultimate judge of how much weight he/she want to put on a boat. Skill level also must be a factor because a skilled user can control more weight easier. Beginners should have a bigger boat, with more buoyancy to compensate for unskilled use. Smaller boats like the H3 are for lakes for beginners, class II rivers for intermediate users and pros can and do take this boat or a similar size/shape one into class 5 whitewater. See [url "http://www.wildwater.co.nz/"]www.wildwater.co.nz[/url] Our suggested max weight loads is simply how much weight it takes to push the pontoons 1/2 way down into the water. Whitewater use may reduce capacities as much as half or more, again depending on skill level.

Larry Tullis
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
super fat vs. fish cat 4 dx - by okbow68 - 08-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Re: [SHigSpeed] super fat vs. fish cat 4 dx - by flygoddess - 08-05-2008, 06:43 PM