Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
night fishing state park fees
[quote fuzzyfisher] if the road was billt by the state, county, or city it is public access![/quote]

2 things..
1 I didn't know that they charge to launch at Indian in starvation.. I didn't see any fee stations or poles.. I must have missed something.

2. If like you said in the above quote.. it is built by the state.. why do you have to pay to use their parking lot.. it was built by the state.. right? Why do you have to pay to use the facilities? It was built by the state. Why can't they just have the fee station and have them say "Do you got Utah ID?, OK your free to go in " In other words.. if you are a resident of Utah.. why do you have to pay to use facilities built by the STATE?

The roads, I understand, because every time we are at the gas pump.. we pay road tax. So, I assume that since we pay road tax, we can use the roads for free. So, we pay state income tax and state sales tax.. why doesn't our taxes cover the facilities at the state parks..

I have never thought of it before like you said Fuzzy... we just always open the wallet and give them the money.. so that we can use facilities that we as citizens of that state payed for to be built???!

The state had a HUGE Surplus in taxes this last year... I can't remember the number and don't want to look it up.. but was >100 million.. I showed up at starvation and because of my timing.. I gave them 14 dollars so I could walk down on a beach and stand there and fish for ~4 hours!

So, my question is.. where does the state parks get it's funding.. Why are there all these other state built buildings and facilities that we as the public built and enter for free... but if there is something by the water.. or you gotta drive up a canyon (alpine loop) you gotta give them money.. WTH?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
night fishing state park fees - by moonburnt - 08-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Re: [fuzzyfisher] night fishing state park fees - by waljustia - 08-14-2008, 08:52 PM