Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zebra Mussels at Pelican Lake
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]I will second that. [/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000][/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]When I went to renew the boat registration I asked to see if they have some new stickers out to put on your car or trailer that warn about these nuissance creatures. What surprises me is that they don't have anything. There is not even a short sentence on the registration renewal to tell abou them.[/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]I feel that there is not enough done on this issue. At the major power producing reservoirs like the Gorge (where it would cost billions to repair damage to the pipes and turbines) there are just small signs to warn about the mussles. What are they about 8 inches by 12? There should be big old red sign at each ramp. [/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]What makes me even more Angry is all the talk about boat inspections ever since last year. Yep, all this talk of state troopers pulling over out-of-state boats and in state ones too. A big joke I tell you what. I myself have not seen a single boat pulled over or inspected at any water/highway. This tells me there just isn't any serious action. I might be wrong but what would be devastating is if in the end all of our fisheries/power generators suffer becuase we wait for the problem to happen and do not prevent it. It is like the big fishery collapses in the Northwest and Alaska. They waited for the bad to happen and are now complaining. Take measures early to prevent disasters. [/#000000][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Zebra Mussels at Pelican Lake - by element - 09-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Re: [Therapist] Zebra Mussels at Pelican Lake - by line_dangler - 09-16-2008, 07:07 AM