Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Fish Forum -- Panel Discussion
How about building a large dyke and then "decarping" that area and then begin netting the rest of the lake to "decarp" it and place all gamefish (walleye, cats, bass) in the decarped dyke area when caught and ultimately you could clean out the main section significantly. Once this is completed open the dyke for the gamefish to move over the lake, add some cover then get the warm water hatchery to work with some musky, LMB and pike - and maybe some wiper. From there move forward.
I do have a degree in Biology but do not have a complete understanding of the HUGE significance that the June Sucker plays in the success of the fishery. Please infom me further for the reasoning in spending millions of dollars to keep the june sucker population growing?
I think the added cover, fish and sand (great idea) will add much more to the lake and the state income than will the June Sucker - yeah I am a capitialist I guess (maybe my understanding of the June Sucker will alter my perception). If the June Sucker is about ecobalance and feed....is there a substitute fish that could be introduced?

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Therapist] Utah Lake ByCatch-- Panel Discussion - by Bigguyone1 - 10-28-2008, 10:12 PM