Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado River Funny Story
[left][font "Times New Roman"][size 3][unsure][unsure][unsure]Colorado River Story[/size][/font] [unsure][unsure][unsure]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Well several years ago 1980 while I lived in Riveria, AZ now Bullhead City, AZ the guys and I went fishing on my boat down the Colorado River, just below Play-A-Del Rio Golf Course. We intended to do some stripper fishing (stripped bass). The guys bought the anchovies and beer so we could have a great time fishing. We anchored the boat just above the Tri State area where Arizona, California and Nevada meet. We were having a great time fishing and caught several strippers. As the hours of darkness went we started to experience the beers takeing grasp and didn’t care what was going on[pirate][Tongue]. Several of the guys acknowledged that the fishing wasn’t all that great any longer. I couldn’t comprehend why?[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [shocked][shocked]Have you ever seen a beached whale? [shocked][shocked][/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]If any of you understand the water levels on the Colorado River you would know that is drops 20 to 30 feet in a few hours at night. Especially after Midnight![unsure][unsure][unsure] Well here are 4 [blush][Tongue][unsure][pirate] drunken guys in the middle or the river fishing from a beached boat that was casting their rods on a sand bar. Well to make things worse the company I was working for couldn’t understand why 3 of it workers were missing. 2 Mechanics, and a Lube man Tire man were not at work. That was the entire crew! To top it all off the owner of the company kept calling our supervisor. He never got a hold of him because he was with us! Needless to say it wasn’t until about 10 AM when the river started to raise enough to get my boat moving again. I would have loved to have a picture of us fishing off that beached boat. Well it was anchored well! [cool][cool][cool][/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Here is a cartoon I did up. [Image: colorado.gif][/size][/font]
[/left]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Colorado River Funny Story - by nighthawk - 05-31-2003, 07:17 PM