Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why? Why? Why?
[font "Arial"][#000000][size 2]Boy do I relate to your comments/questions Springbuck! So I wonder if you are asking yourself if some comments are helping or confusing matters! [Smile] I sure feel that way sometimes.

I've read a few books on species - some of which completely contradict themselves with paragraphs like one I read on catfish that said in essense "It's best to fish for cats at night, exept when it's best in the middle of the day." [crazy] And as to people, we all have our own opinions. I believe that fishing is an art as much as anything else. I groan mightily when I hear of people say that putting 8 maggots on a specific lure got nothing, but then only 7 made all the difference. Gimme a break I say...[Wink]

It's up to us to try out what advice is good from the not as good, by experiencing it. The challenge is that people's experiences are different, but what I wish others understood better is that LEARNING STYLES also differ. IOW: Just spending time fishing and experimenting may not be the best approach (we may be doing totally the wrong things!), nor the quickest path to success. I learn best by SEEING WHAT WORKS, and then DOING by myself. That way I'm starting with a good foundation and not reinventing the wheel, and from there I can experiment to find what works for me, asking follow up questions as conditions change.

So, I can't undervalue the importance of going out with someone. Several on this site have been willing to with me. THANKS!!!! [Smile]

FWIW: I like the rat finkies and they have done well for me, however, they have wimpy hooks that can bend. (So I make my own.) I have never had the experience where something that was almost identical didn't catch fish when another did. At least thru the ice, rarely do I catch something without bait. My opinion, (subject to revision) is that the lure gets attention, and the bait is what the fish go for.

That's my "opinion" and any one o' yous guys feel free to change it! [sly]

Good luck!

[/size][/#000000][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Why? Why? Why? - by Springbuck - 02-10-2009, 04:09 AM
Re: [Coldfooter] Why? Why? Why? - by jigs - 02-10-2009, 05:38 AM
Re: [Springbuck] Why? Why? Why? - by bassrods - 02-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Re: [Springbuck] Why? Why? Why? - by Coldfooter - 02-10-2009, 06:37 AM
Re: [Springbuck] Why? Why? Why? - by HaggardW - 02-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Re: [Springbuck] Why? Why? Why? - by fishnate - 02-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: [Springbuck] Why? Why? Why? - by Roghet - 02-10-2009, 06:16 PM