Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Yesterday
Yesterday, petty4life and I fished Strawberry Reservoir. First thing we did was hit the docks to net some shiners. Even after using many to fish with, we still were able to take eight dozen of them home (let's see 8 dozen at $2.50 each $20 saved). I'm still waiting for a second part for my main outboard so we got around with my 6 horse trolling motor. Everything was fine until the trolling motor decided, without warning, it didn't want to run any longer. A not-so-happy-about-helping-us fellow fisherman towed us to the dock (for which I was most grateful). Less than 10 minutes later, after putting in new spark plugs, we were good to go for the rest of the day. Note to myself -"Remember to ALWAYS clean the spark plugs in the trolling motor after every two days of heavy use". Spent most of our time trolling -- should have spent it fishing with the shiners in my honey hole. I ended up catching five, and I believe that petty4life ended up with three. Note to petty4life and myself, "Let those fish take the bait a little longer before setting the hook, when fishing with minnows -- which is really hard to do when the fish has followed the minnow close enough to the boat that you can see the fish, and it is a large fish." We probably hooked about 20% of the bites that we had with minnows. I took honors for the day when I caught a 5 1/8 pound, 25 inch, cutthroat. Really a thrill to catch such a fine fish on my ultra light fishing rod and reel. Petty4life is a pleasure to fish with and a fine fisherman. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, which should be later today, I will post a picture of the large cutthroat.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Strawberry Yesterday - by kentofnsl - 06-01-2003, 04:37 PM
Re: [kentofnsl] Strawberry Yesterday - by DennisW - 06-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Re: [DennisW] Strawberry Yesterday - by kentofnsl - 06-01-2003, 10:38 PM