Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge report (06/05, 06 & 07/ 03)
Hey Eric, you still haven't made that trip to the Gorge yet? There are a lot of places to camp at the Gorge and a few of them are right on the water. I'll just tell you about the area we camped in, I'm assuming you will be in a boat? We launched from sheep creek and you can camp in the back of the parking lot but there are few trees there. If you go to the first cutoff to Hideout canyon there is a small campground close to the corner with a boat dock, this is the first campground you come to as you head east from the launch area. Turn right at this corner and go through the cutoff to Hideout canyon and you will find a big campground there with boat docks. All of these campgrounds will cost you a few bucks to camp at but they do have boat docks and I think they all have bathrooms, I'm not sure about water. We just camped at one of the many small bays in the area, most have sandy beaches but few have trees and of course no docks or restrooms but they are free to camp at. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions. WH2
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [EricCO] Flaming Gorge report (06/05, 06 & 07/ 03) - by wiperhunter2 - 06-11-2003, 05:44 PM