Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOONED IN SHOW LOW (AZ)
[cool]ALAN and Icefool. I agree. The best time to go fishing is whenever you can get away...and the fishing is ALWAYS good, even if the catchin' ain't. If any of us fished strictly for "sustenance", we would all be slim and trim. It's the sport...the love of the great outdoors...the beauty of the surroundings. At least that's what we say when we get skunked.

Hey ALAN, since I don't know the circumstances of your ended marriage, I will offer neither condolences or congratulations. Those things happen. Been there and done that myself. This time around it seems to be "taking". TubeBabe just about has me trained by now, and would probably not want to take on any new trainees. So, I think my job as fishing guide and tackle maintenance guy are safe...for the present.

I guess I have a pretty good situation. I never have to beg for a "kitchen pass" to go fishing. TubeBabe's favorite response to a suggestion that we go fishing is "if you are waiting for me, you are wasting good fishing time."

A kitchen pass for me has a whole 'nother meaning. I have no problem getting away to go fishing. I not only fillet the fish, but I do most of the fish cooking too. Although, when we have a production line setup, TubeBabe does a great job on the final rib cage removal to finish off the fillets. She has even gone on solo trips, when I have been out of town, and completed the whole filleting process herself...even on some catfish.

And, when it comes to fishing gear, we have a couple of understandings. What's hers...is hers. And, what's mine...is hers. Of course we have a 50-50 arrangement for buying new stuff too. She gets 50 bucks, and I get 50 cents. (Rim shot...exit stage left before being pelted by tomatoes.)

TubeDude
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
MOONED IN SHOW LOW (AZ) - by TubeDude - 06-16-2003, 01:56 PM
Re: [TubeDude] MOONED IN SHOW LOW (AZ) - by ALAN - 06-16-2003, 04:18 PM
Re: [TubeDude] MOONED IN SHOW LOW (AZ) - by ALAN - 06-16-2003, 04:20 PM
Re: [ALAN] MOONED IN SHOW LOW (AZ) - by TubeDude - 06-16-2003, 04:43 PM