Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to add oars to a float tube?
[quote flygoddess]Now that is cool as heck. That is the same OAR set-up that was on the Navigator II by North Fork Outdoors. But, they have been discontinued.
My Navigator was the first generation and had a plate sewn in the cover in which you attach a pipe for the oars
And of course it was 9' long so it had two low "D" rings to attach a bar for your feet.
I am betting that strap at the front of the tube is for your feet.

I think it is a killer idea and thank you for turning me on to that.
It is a FRAMELESS tube with rowing capability as well as kicking. I know I have got caught in storms in my tube that I would have killed to have oars.
I bought a PONTOON, because there wasn't anything, or so I thought.

I would say as far as fabricating one, the Oar holders on my Navi would be home madeable, but this has some fancy hardware and I am wondering if the ring around it is important. Good looking seat also and functional apron.[/quote]Thanks FG. And great note on the strap... I wouldn't have noticed it with my novice eyes if not for you.
The float tube looked cool as hell to me excellent for my covert operations at our local reservoirs. hahaha...
Anyways, I am now joining up with a team of guys to legalise and free up more fishing grounds in Singapore. Sure hope to see it happen real soon!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
how to add oars to a float tube? - by Alan_Ang - 07-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Re: [flygoddess] how to add oars to a float tube? - by Alan_Ang - 07-10-2009, 03:02 AM