Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weber
i hit up the weber on thursday (i know kinda late but better late then never). i got there at 2. got a late start thanks to wife. i went to coalville at the campground. thats the only place i know how to get to in that area. i was using a san juan warm and a green cooper john. i was there for about an hr with nothing. as i was walking down i came up on a school of fish that i thought was white fish but turned out to be carp. i hooked up with one but my 4x was no match. 2 strong yanks and gone along with my last red san juan. i put a pink one one to replace it. about 15 mins later i hooked up with a whitie. 5 min later landed. he took the san jaun. about 5 cast later i was on again with another whitie. they were about 14 inchs. after that nothing. there were some kids tubing there too. so i was there for about 2 1/2 hrs and went to wanship. i got to the spot i usually fish and 5 cast in i hooked up but it came off. i started farther down and i nice brown swallowed my strike indicater. i started laughing as i went to set the hook as if it had a hook. i was there for another 2 hrs with nothing. i tried all kinds of different flies with no luck. i saw some risers but couldnt match what they were taking. oh well at least i wasnt skunked. but i did lose a box of flies though. well i will be bak there soon. but with revenge with hoopers in a few weeks.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
weber - by southernbass - 07-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: [southernbass] weber - by philbert - 07-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Re: [southernbass] weber - by Rvrrat - 07-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Re: [Rvrrat] weber - by fish_on75 - 07-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Re: [fish_on75] weber - by richyd4u - 07-17-2009, 07:21 AM
Re: [richyd4u] weber - by fish_on75 - 07-20-2009, 08:42 PM