Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its a Deer ! O'shoot , I missed ! Darnit ! ! !
[center]every year I hear this story from hunters who saw the biggest rack they ever saw and missed,

well here is the lowdown on why they missed.

after overcomming the shock of seeing a buck let alone one with an enormous rack, their window of making a productive shot has passed in to the window of the shot of dispare. this shot is has a 98% miss probability and if you hit the deer at all you have a 99% chance of sevearly injuring the animal to the point were it may die weeks later.

this shot I am refering to is the fleeing shot.

I know I know every one is a marksman because the spent hundreds of hours and dollars buying the best product on the market and time on the range and can shoot a poker chip out of the beak of a crow at a hundred yards. Well that just may be. I am going to show you a picture of a deer and you tell me you have a kill target. and show me where it is. I am loading the pic twice, one to post here and one that is full size for arguements sake.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=104;]

now I wont say it is imposible to take a deer on a fleeing run, I am saying is you have better odds of hitting the lotto than you have of killing and taking home a chunck of meat.

now the story I would like to hear is I did not shoot cause I could not get a kill shot. (hopfuly it is a true story and the trigger was not pulled) It is important to know your limitations. I may be true your gun shoots as well as you say it dose, and it may also be true that you can shoot a poker chip out of a crow at a hundred yards. the fact of thematter is, I can too... [/center] [center]any imput?
to see a bigger picture open the attachment below[/center]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Its a Deer ! O'shoot , I missed ! Darnit ! ! ! - by davetclown - 07-01-2003, 02:09 PM