Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black powder opener , who did what ?
your a better man than me, I took two little punkin eaters.

I still have one more antlerless tag and yet to see one with horns to fill even one of my two combo tags. for a total of 75.oo in deer tags.

I learnt a long time ago, antlerless tags are for putting meat on the table so fill it asap. This means the first thing that comes by. after 60 pounds of boneless freezer stock, I can afford to be more selective.

I have let the rest of the antlerless go by waiting for an old doe I have been seeing all fall to come in range. She is old and grey and travels alone. I am not on her trail, it isnt on the property I hunt, but it is in my veiw of site. So I do get to see her when she goes by, there is always the chance something could spook her and send her my way.

I do hug the property line fairly tight, but I wont shoot untill they step on the line. My shooting zone in the woods where sit is no bigger than the mowed area of your front yard. Bow and arrow during gun season is more than sufficent for my stand. But I like to use something with just a little more kick to it, 357 mag. "during reg deer season"

I have yet to fire the black bowder at anything.

they should be moving pretty good this weekend as should the fish being active as well.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [lonehunter] Black powder opener , who did what ? - by davetclown - 12-22-2009, 08:40 AM