Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Safe on the Cattle Boats
also... KEEP TRACK OF YOUR RODS!!! we have had soooooo many stolen items on our boat. it is your own fault if you lose them and the crew is not responsible for anything lost or stolen.

deck hands may need to cut your line if somebody with a fish is hooked up with the "right kind" and your line is endangering the landing of that fish. Just thought I'd let you know before it happens.

when I fish jigs, I always hold it on the handle until everybody is clear. then I just drop the jig and swing. easy and SAFE!

now I am going to mention some things that really "push my buttons" from a deck hand's point of view:

-when we are hosing off the deck. please be aware of it and don't make us tell you more than twice to please move.

-people dont listen to the deckhands when it comes to rigging techniques. us deckhands have seen pretty much every rig in the world of fishing(exaggeration). we know what catches fish and what doesn't. if you arent using one of those rigs, we will usually point it out to you. we are doing what we are doing because we WANT you to catch fish. We like to see people happy.

-when you catch a fish, there will usually be a deckhand right next to you to help you along the way. we will gladly take your fish from you, take the hook out, and put it in your sack. if you dont want us to do it, just say so. dont give us a dirty look and just do it yourself.

-please do not accuse us of anything. one time, a customer accused another deckhand of being a racist! that is rediculous and not needed. you are on the same boat and you cant really go anywhere, so "why can't we all just get along?" as the saying goes. haha

well, I just thought I'd put everything that way, because I didn't know how else to put it.

Tips are allways appriciated. especially if it is the same deck hand that helps you throughout the WHOLE DAY. thank you

joe

joe
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Fishing Safe on the Cattle Boats - by JapanRon - 07-20-2003, 04:40 AM
Re: [JapanRon] Fishing Safe on the Cattle Boats - by DH_tubinjoe - 07-20-2003, 04:49 AM