Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to add oars to a float tube?
Well ......Mojorizing.... you nay sayer![:p] I got's it done!!! Oars on a FC4 (Deluxe no less) Only had it in the tub so far so I don't know how well it's going to paddle but my carpet trials seem just fine.....way better than my bum knee was doing. Check out the pics...(figured out how to smallify them since my last post)
To get my feets out of the way, and lessen drag, I can prop my legs up on the tips of the tube. The rowing position seems to be relatively ergonomic. The only issue I can see for comfort is the ribs on the pail ends are a little sharp on the back of my thighs but I figure I can tri them off withou sacrificing too much structural integrety. It's still 36 inches of ice time here in Saskatchewan but I hope to get it wet in April.
Taking into account material and my time at $5/hour I am willing to build a set of these wonderful oar locks for the paltry sum of $1000 per.......or contact me for more info and pics for free.

[inline "oars 1.jpg"]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
how to add oars to a float tube? - by Alan_Ang - 07-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Re: [mojorizing] how to add oars to a float tube? - by Turnkey - 03-17-2010, 03:52 AM