Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
properly inflated fat cat lcs
FG, my pump DOES NOT have a built in guage. It is advertized to go to a maximum of 2.5 psi in seconds and NO HIGHER since it is NOT a piston type. I have checked this repeatedly with an expensive accurate guage and it is always right. So all I have to do is run the pump for 2 minutes and if the toons feel hard, I know I am at very near 2.5 psi, always have been. I agree that some BUILT in pump guages are not good.

Pon

[quote flygoddess]I agree with Michael. Although the gauge are a little $$ they are a must. It is like trying to guess the air in a car tire. And like a car tire, not having equal air pressure can and does make a difference.

I can get behind the electric pump with a gauge however. They aren't that accurate. I heard of a Skykomish exploding TWICE because of one of those and the owner finally realized that.

My heavy duty pontoons and tube I air up at 3. And to guess that 3...well not even close.

Another tip if you cannot afford the gauge. Put the tube IN the water while you gear up, then check the air and adjust before setting out. Let the tube climatize with the water.
Same is true on travel. Never inflate your tube to max before traveling. Altitude will also effect the air pressure.[/quote]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
properly inflated fat cat lcs - by wagdog - 04-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Re: [flygoddess] properly inflated fat cat lcs - by pontoonman - 04-21-2010, 06:00 PM