Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern California Saltwater Report 7/30-8/5

Hey there guys,

Southern California Saltwater

Report for August 2, 2003 (Saturday)

MDR finally got 1,000+ sandbass for the landing! Course they had a zillion guys on the boats to! Redondo did pretty good to for a change on the sand bass.

Way Up North- Avila
Good fishing for albies and some rockfish.

Up North- Channel Islands
Lots of different fish caught with big counts of WSB for a number of boats. Really interesting fishing up there with the variety.

LA Area- Catalina Island
Calicos counts good with barracuda and yellows zooming by pretty often. I'll bet the PBer's are having an easy time with the sporties occupied elsewhere.

Further South- San Clemente
Good Calico counts with lots of yellow sighted buy alas not caught.

San Diego- Albies and Local
Albies fishing world class but, as has been the usual for the last 3 months the fishing on the Oceanside to SD open-party boats is an underwhelming 3 fish per rod WoW!!! I'd shoot myself if 1/2 and 3/4 day trips were my only option. ha ha

LA Local
Fantastic fishing but on the weekend there are just too many people on the boats..... good anglers or whatever. Between 250 and 450 people at some of the landings. Give me a break. Any boat and I mean any boat that carries more than 60 anglers on a trip would be a boat I wouldn't put a foot on that day.

JapanRon
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [JapanRon] Southern California Saltwater Report 7/30-8/5 - by JapanRon - 08-03-2003, 03:46 AM