Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the wierdest thing you've ever caught?
I caught quite a few turtles there over the years and some of the big snappers have tried to give me a manicure when I removed the hook. I even had one hiss at me. They're mean as heck. And yes those water moccasins will take your stringer for a ride. It's happened to me a few times and once they sink their fangs in there is no way you are going to attempt to eat it. There was one that ruined 3 crappie on my stringer. Every time he saw me he would take off into the muddy water and I couldn't see him. A few minutes later he was back at it again. I got my BB gun out of my car and set out for vengeance. He came back to the stringer, saw me, and dove underneath heading to the right of me. I walked slowly down the bank with the barrel near the water and what happened next was hysterical. Right where the muzzle of my 20 times primed BB rifle was pointed, the snake stuck his head out of the water and was looking right down the barrel. He just froze with his blank face and I know he was thinking "I am so screwed![sly]" When I pulled the trigger his head unhinged like a coin purse.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [wilco5] What is the wierdest thing you've ever caught? - by fishguru73 - 06-24-2010, 11:03 PM