Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the wierdest thing you've ever caught?
I went fishing on the Lower Illinois river one day in Okiedelphia and learned that there are freshwater eels that frequent the river in the summer. They're called American Eels and, though I never hooked one myself, the locals at the tackle shop told me stories about them. The state record was over 3 lbs. which, I guess, looks like a pretty big nose goblin. I did manage to hook some skip jack herring and that was a first for me. They averaged only a pound or so but man they were jumpy critters. I did some research when I got home and found out that some people chunked them up for big cats or used them whole for stripers. Do you think those nose goblins you nailed were American Eels? They're migration is, actually, really incredible. They spawn in the ocean near the Bermuda triangle and then swim clear up the Mississippi River delta into tributaries and make it as far inland as central Oklahoma and then head back out to Bermuda for their annual orgy.[shocked]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [bigbluegill] What is the wierdest thing you've ever caught? - by fishguru73 - 06-25-2010, 03:13 AM