Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Hunt 60-2 (2035) BULL ELK late hunt
Good luck on drawing your bull elk tag! Hopefully you have the same luck when hunting season starts. I started hunting that area about 20 years ago as a little kid with my dad. I have harvested 5 elk out there and have helped about 6 of my friends and family get elk also. But alot has changed since I started hunting out there. We have harvested several elk in that area and all of them down low on the desert when the snow pushes them down. Unfortunately, the last few years the snow has hit late and the elk haven't been migrating down during the season. I think the wolves have really impacted this hunt too. I know alot of people who had your tag last year and never even saw an elk. Your biggest help will be lots and lots of early snow. I shot a nice 6 by 6 in 05 on the second to last day of the season. If you want to try it out before the snow hits I would say hunt up high in your area in the heavy timber. The elk in that area don't seem to like to come down unless they absolutely have to. Because of some of these changes I don't put in for this tag any more. But I don't want to be a pesimist. It's awesome that you got a bull tag. Just pray for lots of snow and put in as many hours in the field as you can and you will probably see something. Alot of people road hunt that area and I think if you are not afraid to get out and push some brush it will probably also increase your odds. Hopefully my advice will help you. I'm new to the site and haven't felt like I know enough to post anything but your question is something I know a little more about. Hopefully it helps. If you have any more questions send me a message. Good luck!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [tob04002] Help with Hunt 60-2 (2035) BULL ELK late hunt - by mikkfin80 - 07-05-2010, 02:13 PM